3/25/09

Give 'em the Old Razzle Dazzle...

I went to Chicago this past weekend to spend some quality time with my sister. She's been living there for almost 6 years. We managed to fit a lot into just two days. We met a friend for coffee, had lunch with another, shopped, drank coffee, went to Blue Man Group, slept in, visited the zoo, saw the mirror bean thingy, watched movies, visited the conservatory, and ate too many sweet treats. Here are a few pictures from our time together.

Sista! Her sweet boyfriend, Jonas, snapped this picture for us. Its the only one of the two of us since I was too nervous to pass my camera off to a stranger!

My only niece, adorable Monarch.

Sista loved this butterfly flower. Neither of us had seen one before.



We probably could have watched this guy all day. He was so funny!

We spent a lot of time riding the bus. We had some crazy experiences on them too! I was excited about this particular bus because we sat in the middle where the accordion attached the two buses.


This is the fanciest McDonalds I have ever seen. Its right next to the Chicago Theatre which explains the outrageous sign.

Our last meal together was at a restaurant that served only crepes! I of course couldn't get a typical dinner crepe and had to get one filled with strawberries and Nutella!

All in all it was a great weekend getaway. I'm looking forward to heading back that way in August for a half marathon!

No comments: